Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cheers, Speedo Guy!

As a general rule, I do not consider myself a sports enthusiast, although I am a HUGE fan of the Yankees, I follow college football, and I love to play golf. However, there is something about March Madness that makes me act like a complete and total nutcase. Last year, I nearly drove my husband insane when I downloaded and repeatedly played John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Road" during a trip to OKC. (Ok, maybe it wasn't that I played the song so much - maybe it was because I couldn't resist singing along with my incredibly amazing voice). Had West Virginia not been playing in the Final Four, I never would have become such a zealot for John Denver tunes! Just think of the joys I may have missed!!

Another example of true "March Madness"...I spent my spring break standing in a ridiculous snowstorm outside the Ford Center to purchase tickets to watch the Kansas Jayhawks play ball. What the heck?? I'm a Sooner girl!! Not a Jayhawker!

Insanity, I tell you!

With the big dance quickly approaching, I can feel my vocal cords warming up for a round of folk-song karaoke, and my toes are itching to dig out the snowboots. But, you won't catch me lingering around the Ford Center this year (or whatever it's called), though. No sir!! The BOK Center, well maybe... ;)

In honor of March Madness, it's time to say kudos to the legendary "Speedo Guy" of Duke University. The perfect example of a "true blue" fan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment