Thursday, June 2, 2011

RIP Jeff Conaway


I am very saddened this week to learn of the death of Grease star Jeff Conaway. I will say that watching Jeff on Celebrity Rehab the past couple of years has just been sad. The first couple of episodes, I didn't even realize it was him. He looked more like Gollum from Lord of the Rings than he did the hunky, car-racing greaser from his earlier days. I grew up watching Grease religiously, fairly certain that some day John Travolta would swoop into one of my lame high-school dances, Cha-Cha me across the floor, and we'd cruise away in the infamous "Greased Lightning." I always adored Kenickie, and was a little jealous of his little romance with Rizzo. After all, a hickey from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card!!

Rest in peace, Kenickie.

No comments:

Post a Comment