Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sam I Am (Not)

Although it's been over two years since he won the coveted Heisman Trophy, Sam Bradford's statue in Heisman Park was finally unveiled a couple of weeks ago. Bradford, who currently plays for the St. Louis Rams, is by far one of the greatest players in OU football history, and is the fifth Sooner to claim the prestigious title after greats Jason White, Billy Sims, Steve Owens, and Billy Vessels.

I am a HUGE OU fan/alumni, and I will probably lose my "sooner-card" for saying this...but I have to be honest.

The statue is ridiculous!

I am so disappointed. I realize the statue was sculpted to re-create one of Bradford's most incrdible plays (against OSU, nonetheless), but something here has gone horribly awry. They've turned a monumental moment in football history into a recreation of cartwheel day on the elementary school playground! Come on, people!! Didn't anyone really look over the sample before committing it to stone??

1 comment: